A piano mover is a professional who specializes in moving pianos. Pianos are large, heavy, and delicate instruments, and moving them requires specialized skills and equipment. Piano movers have the knowledge and experience to safely and efficiently move pianos of all sizes and types.
Moving Dixie is the #1 Piano Mover in St. George and surrounding areas. If you need help moving your piano and the peace of mind it will be protected from start to finish – contact Moving Dixie today!
Why Hire A Professional Piano Mover:
If you are moving a piano, it is important to hire a professional mover. This will ensure that your piano is moved safely and efficiently, and that you will be protected in case of damage.
Pianos are heavy and delicate. They can weigh up to 1,000 pounds, and they are made of delicate materials that can be easily damaged. Moving a piano without the proper skills and equipment can result in serious damage to the piano, your home, or yourself – that’s the last thing we want for you.
Professional piano movers like Moving Dixie have the experience and expertise to move pianos safely.
We know how to assess the piano and the moving environment to determine the best way to move it. We also have the specialized equipment and skills necessary to move a piano without damaging it.
Moving Dixie is insured. We take great pride in protecting your piano during a move to ensure there are no issues. In the event something did happen, your piano is protected through our insurance.
Hiring our professional piano movers can save you time and stress. Moving a piano is a time-consuming and stressful task. Hiring a professional mover can free up your time so you can focus on other aspects of your move.
Additional benefits of hiring a professional piano mover:
- They will be able to move your piano even if there are stairs or other obstacles involved.
- They will know how to protect your piano from the elements during the move.
- They will be able to assemble your piano at the new location.
- They will have the necessary permits and licenses to move your piano.
How to Find a Reputable Piano Mover Near You
Not all moving companies that claim they can move your piano have the experience needed to ensure a safe, incident free piano move.
Get recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues. If you know someone who has recently moved a piano, ask them who they used and if they were happy with the service.
Search online for piano movers in your area. There are many websites that list piano movers, such as Thumbtack, Yelp, and Google Maps.
To protect your piano and property use these helpful tips:
- Check the mover’s credentials. Make sure the mover is licensed and insured, and that they have experience moving pianos.
- Get everything in writing. This includes the price, the date of the move, and the scope of work.
- Choose a mover who is familiar with the type of piano you have.
- Ask about the mover’s experience with moving pianos in your specific area.
- Get a clear estimate of the cost of the move, including all fees and expenses.
- Check online reviews to ensure you have a trustworthy mover with experience and others have had a great experience.
Questions to Ask A Professional Piano Mover:
- How long have you been moving pianos?
- How often do you move pianos?
- What type of insurance do you carry?
- Are you licensed and bonded?
- Can you provide me with references?
- What is the cost of the move?
- What is the scope of work included in the price?
- What are the terms of payment?
- When are you available to move my piano?
- What are the steps involved in the moving process?
- What precautions will you take to protect my piano during the move?
- What happens if my piano is damaged during the move?
- Do you have experience moving grand pianos?
- Can you move my piano up or down stairs?
- What are the dimensions of the piano?
- What is the weight of the piano?
- Is there anything else I should know about my piano that could affect the moving process?
Tips for Moving a Piano:
We highly recommend hiring a professional piano mover to move your piano. If you do decide to move it on your own, see the below tips to assist you in moving your piano:
1. Plan ahead. Measure your piano and the doorways, hallways, and stairs you will need to move it through. This will also help you determine the size of the moving truck you will need and the number of people you will need to help you move the piano.
2. Get help. Moving a piano is a two- or three-person job, so don’t try to do it alone. Ask friends, family, or neighbors for help.
3. Protect the piano. Wrap the piano in moving blankets or a tarp to protect it from scratches and dents. You may also want to remove the legs and pedals to make it easier to move.
4. Use the right equipment. A piano dolly or hand truck will make it easier to move the piano. You may also need ratchet straps to secure the piano to the dolly or truck.
5. Move slowly and carefully. Don’t rush when moving the piano. Take your time and be careful not to drop or bump it.
6. Have a plan for getting the piano into the moving truck. If you have stairs, you may need to use a ramp or lift.
7. Secure the piano in the moving truck. Use ratchet straps to secure the piano to the truck so it doesn’t move during the drive.
Piano Moving Mistakes to Avoid
If you are moving a piano, it is important to avoid these common mistakes. By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your piano is moved safely and without incident.
- Trying to move it alone. Moving a piano is a two- or three-person job, so don’t try to do it alone. Even if you are strong, you are more likely to injure yourself or damage the piano if you try to move it by yourself.
- Not using the right equipment. A piano dolly or hand truck will make it easier to move the piano. You may also need ratchet straps to secure the piano to the dolly or truck. Trying to move the piano without the right equipment is dangerous and could damage the piano.
- Not protecting the piano. Wrap the piano in moving blankets or a tarp to protect it from scratches and dents. You may also want to remove the legs and pedals to make it easier to move. Moving the piano without protecting it could damage the finish or the delicate parts of the piano.
- Moving it too quickly. Don’t rush when moving the piano. Take your time and be careful not to drop or bump it. Moving the piano too quickly could damage the piano or injure yourself.
- Not having a plan. Have a plan for how you are going to move the piano, including how you are going to get it into and out of the moving truck. Not having a plan could lead to accidents or damage to the piano.
- Relying on the casters for movement. The casters on a piano are not designed to support the full weight of the piano, and they can easily damage the floor.
- Moving the piano on its side. This can damage the strings and other internal components of the piano.
- Not using a moving blanket to protect the piano. This can cause scratches and dents on the finish of the piano.
- Not securing the piano to the moving truck. This can cause the piano to move during the drive and could damage the piano or the truck.
If you are not comfortable moving a piano yourself, it is always best to hire a professional piano mover like Moving Dixie.
Cost of Moving A Piano
The average cost of moving a piano ranges from $250 to $1,000. However, the actual cost will vary depending on multiple factors:
- The size and weight of the piano. The larger and heavier the piano, the more expensive it will be to move.
- The distance of the move. The longer the distance, the more expensive it will be to move the piano.
- The accessibility of the piano. If the piano is located in a difficult-to-access area, such as a basement or an upstairs room, it will be more expensive to move.
- The type of piano. Grand pianos are more expensive to move than upright pianos.
- The time of year. Moving during peak moving seasons, such as summer and fall, will be more expensive.
- The availability of piano movers. If there are not many piano movers available in your area, it will be more expensive to move your piano
Hire A Professional Mover Today
Piano movers are professionals who specialize in moving pianos. They have the experience and expertise to move your piano safely and efficiently, regardless of the size or type of piano. If you are moving a piano, it is important to hire a professional piano mover. This will ensure that your piano is moved safely and without damage.
Dixie Moving and Storage is a reputable piano moving company that has been in business for over 40 years. They have a team of experienced and qualified piano movers who can move your piano safely and efficiently. We also offer a free quote, so you can be sure to get the best possible price on your move.
If you are looking for a professional piano mover,Contact Dixie Moving and Storage. We are happy to answer any questions you have and provide you with a free quote.